Summer Internship 2022 People Operations at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
We have an incredible team at Klaviyo - collaborative, capable, diverse, fun - and we won’t settle for less. Our headcount doubled in 2021 to accommodate our fast-growing customer base, and we’re aiming to double our company size again in 2022. We are making a significant investment in People Operations to ensure we’re set up for scale.
As a part of our People Operations team, the People Operations Summer Intern will be a resource for all Klaviyos at different stages of their careers. Your customers are our employees. You will learn how to answer employee HR inquiries, support managers and employees with HRIS organization and data changes, provide support during talent and compensation events, and more. Most of your time will be spent on providing excellent customer service to our employees and critical transactional work such as processing new hires, facilitating organizational movement, and maintaining data integrity.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a rising college senior with an interest in a career in People Operations who wants exposure to a broad range of HR topics and issues. You’ll also work closely with our People Tech, People Analytics, Compensation, and Benefits teams to round out your People Operations expertise.
The internship will begin June 6, 2022 and end August 19, 2022. Interns will work full-time 40 hours per week during the 12-week program.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Customer service:
- Be an advocate for all Klaviyos across the organization
- Answer or escalate employee questions related to people programs
- Update and improve the self-service experience for employees and managers through FAQs and how-to guides
- Assist in onboarding new hires by participating in I-9 verifications and processing background checks
- Centralized transactional processing:
- Support basic Workday transactions and processing, such as onboarding, offboarding, organizational changes, benefits changes, and payroll events
- Define the employee and manager user experience and continually contribute to delivering the best user experience for our employees
- Support employees and managers in completing transactions, educating and enabling them with the knowledge to become more self-sufficient
- Assist in managing our immigration and sponsorship programs
- People Operations process improvement:
- Identify employee inquiry trends to determine areas for process improvement or automation
- Work closely with our HR Business Partners, Payroll, Legal, and Internal Communications teams to develop new policies and best practices
Who You Are
- Current student of a four-year liberal arts college with an expected graduation date in 2023
- Have had at least one previous internship or co-op
- A strong writer, communicator, and critical thinker
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Process-oriented with project management experience and organization skills
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to interact with highly confidential data with sensitivity and professionalism
*The deadline to apply to this role is February 23, 2022*
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.