Summer Internship 2022 Office Operations at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is seeking an Office Operations Intern to join our Boston team. We’re looking for someone who is experienced in maintaining an effective and efficient office working environment, genuinely enjoys working with diverse people, and is passionate about creating a welcoming and collaborative environment for both employees and visitors. This highly impactful role will be part of the finance team, report directly to the Office Operations Manager, and will work cross-functionally with IT, People Operations, Internal Communications, and others.
This person will have the opportunity to join us on our mission to enable Klaviyos to thrive, to contribute to a uniquely special culture, and to make the company the place where the best-of-the-best come to work.
The internship will be onsite/in-person. The Internship will begin June 6, 2022, and end August 19, 2022. Interns will work full-time 40 hours per week during the 12-week program.How you will make a difference:
- Assist in managing the main reception area and organizing front desk operations.
- Facilitate a seamless candidate, vendors, customer, and guest experience in the office.
- Act as a point of contact for coordination, registration and tracking of visitors.
- Support projects relating to Office Experience, Security, and Operations
- Assist in managing the day to day operations of our Boston office.
- Maintain schedule and coordination of large, in-house event space.
- Organize and distribute mail/packages.
- Maintain and stock company merchandise store.
- Responsible for enforcing, documenting and suggesting updates to office policies, procedures and safety standards (emergency evacuation plan, visitor registration, security, ADA/OSHA compliance, etc.)
- Assist in maintaining the overall appearance, organization, and cleanliness of the owned areas of the office. Performing daily walkthroughs to ensure event space, conference rooms and public spaces are clean and presentable.
- Field daily inquiries by employees in the Boston office on questions and issues.
- Be an ambassador of company culture and values. Be approachable, reliable and energetic.
Who You Are:
- Comfortable working in person at the Boston Office on a daily basis.
- Prior customer service, admin, or event management experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload, follow through, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Comfortable owning projects and making decisions; takes initiative and works well independently as well as with others.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have at least one previous internship or work experience
- Customer service oriented; outgoing and personable; polished approach with internal and external clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Strong attention to detail, can learn quickly and understand big picture concepts.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
*The deadline to apply to this role is February 23, 2022*
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.