Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus’ Consumer Team is looking for a Software Engineering Co-op to help our users find the car they’re looking for as efficiently as possible. See your solutions impact millions of global users every day as you seek challenges such as:
- Help shoppers find the car they’re looking for by improving our search engine optimization and increasing organic traffic.
- Make the car shopping experience enjoyable and more transparent
- Experiment with editorial and user generated content
- Enable new ways of buying cars, such as buying online and having your car delivered
- Build out mechanisms to bring users back to the site and mobile app, including emails and push notifications
This is a full-time, paid, Spring 2022 Co-op position. Only students currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program will be considered. Must be eligible to work 40 hours a week from January 2022 - June 2022.
What You’ll Do:
- Help shoppers find the car they’re looking for by improving search experience for millions of users across millions of cars globally
- Run AB tests and make enhancements to the Search Results and Vehicle Description pages using React JS.
- Work in a fast-paced environment that allows you to push to production daily
- Add new features to enhance overall UI
- Be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle: design, code, test, deploy
- Collaborate with your colleagues in a fun, easy-going atmosphere!
Who You Are:
- Interest in web development and building user-facing products
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled communicator with a collaborative spirit and ability to raise questions
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.