Software Engineer Summer Intern - Business Intelligence
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance Internship Program
We are searching for Top Talent Students to join our world class Engineering Team. As part of our ongoing investment to expand the Montreal Engineering Internship Program, our internships offer students and exciting path to contribute to cutting edge technology & innovative products and make a true business impact. As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network & work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!!!
- Work on Analyzing large datasets to analyze and derive insights and recommendations to drive the healthcare business at Nuance
- Design and Implement data visualizations to tell a compelling story to answer key business questions and quality metrics of Nuance healthcare products.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to gather business requirements and deliver POCs. Communicate results to business and product management to help in driving the business.
- Design and Implement data driven analytic and predictive solutions to support the strategic goals of the company
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: Must be currently enrolled in a fulltime degree in Software Engineering; Computer Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Computer Science or similar
- Looking for a passionate and innovative problem solver with a desire to create an impact in Clinical documentation analytics
- Demonstrates ability to analyze large datasets and deliver advanced analytics in easy-to-understand visual reports using Power BI
- Demonstrates ability to work individually and with a global team if required.
- Has moderate to strong hands on experience with SQL
- Experience with R/Python or similar scriptiong language
- Experience with Power BI or any other visualization tool is preferred but not required
- Familiarity in using Microsoft Azure Tools.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Must be eligible to work full time
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.