Software Engineer - Intern at Datadog
At Datadog, we're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We are looking for great students to join us for an internship to help us collect, aggregate, visualize, and analyze extremely high-scale metrics, logs, and application data.The Opportunity
We're looking for talented developers to join our teams and start making an impact from day one. You'll join one of Datadog's software teams and work alongside other engineers to help solve challenging problems. Whether you are writing a new integration, building data pipelines, or working with the open source community, our interns are key contributors to our product.Your Skills and Qualifications
- You are in the process of receiving a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- You have solid experience with a couple of programming languages
- You can take complex ideas and distill them into simple, working code
- You’re curious and want to learn more
- You have strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, software design, to name a few)
- You’ve coded something real. Include in your application a link to one of your apps, websites, or open source libraries
- We offer 3 internship terms (Winter, Summer and Fall). Winter and Fall intern applicants must be available for 4 - 6 months.
- North American applicants will only be considered for positions in New York/Boston
- European applicants will be considered for all locations
- You have some specialized skills, like data visualization or distributed systems engineering
- You’ve used Datadog or have written your own monitoring tools before