Settings Optimization Development Intern at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our growing Settings Optimization (SetOps) team is a mix of materials scientists, mechanical engineers, and software engineers. We are responsible for the in-field performance and continuous improvement of the material settings that make our printers tick. We use engineering, physics, and experimentation to turn goop into beautiful and accurate parts.
Do you want your work to have an immediate impact? Are you obsessed with figuring out how to make a complex system work better? We want you as a Settings Optimization Intern.
*Submitting a portfolio demonstrating previous work with your application is recommended*
- Develop and test materials settings for peak performance (speed, surface quality, supports, etc)
- Evaluate current material setting performance to identify areas for improvement
- Design and execute experiments, using results to inform and develop improvements in software or hardware
- Learn and operate high accuracy measurement equipment to validate your projects
- Are willing to question assumptions and back it up with data
- Able to work autonomously to do research
- Have experience with experiment design and data analysis
- Always pay attention to details – no bad print would get past you
- Excited to see (and drive) the entire printing process from start to finish
- Pursuing a B.S. in an engineering field (all are welcome)
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Understand programming and scientific computing, ideally Python
- Previous work on a consumer product
- Love to debug
- Developed physics-based models of complex systems
- Experience 3D printing
- Experience with polymers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.