Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
About the Role
Timing: Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program and available to work full time January- May (exact dates can be flexible)
At CarGurus we use data, not hunches, to inform decisions. Analysts play a key role in crafting the data narrative for these decisions. We love to collaborate, we’re excited by a challenge, and we believe that ownership enables us to grow.
This Analyst Co-Op role will support the Revenue Strategy and Enablement teams where you will have opportunities for outsized positive impact by enabling data-driven decision-making in how we monetize our products. We are looking for thoughtful, daringly curious candidates who can dive into complex data and draw insightful conclusions. You’ll work cross-functionally with many departments and stakeholders, and gain exposure to multiple dimensions of the business.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis across disparate data sources (spanning sales data, sales team behavior, car dealership characteristics, product performance and more) to understand things like the performance of pricing strategies, sales team behavior, or the impact of product performance on monetization
- Identify metrics to evaluate business performance and monetization strategy; build reports and dashboards to monitor and understand them
- Communicate and present data analysis, visualizations, and insights to key stakeholders
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision-making
Who You Are:
While we expect you have a strong academic background, no automotive or technology experience is required. Coursework and/or work experience involving statistics, mathematics, or other quantitative fields are preferred; nevertheless, the position is not limited to any specific majors or minors. Regardless of your background, please consider applying if you are:
- Open to learn new reporting or Business Intelligence tools; previous exposure to programming languages a plus
- Naturally inquisitive and excited by solving consumer challenges with technology and data
- Able to work in independent and cross-functional settings within a fast paced environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.