Research Engineering Intern at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The intern will be part of an energetic team developing a cutting-edge multi-platform speech recognizer in C++ and Python. The intern will help developing new tools and documentation as well as optimizing current ones; and supporting new processes and systems for efficient software development.
- Contribute to the on-going development of a multi-platform, multi-purpose speech recognition engine.
- Write code to implement new tools and systems, analyze existing code, and correct, optimize and refactor it.
- Help maintain and enhance systems that test the recognizer for correctness and performance.
- Contribute to fielding questions and requests from various in-house clients of the recognizer.
Education: BS or MS in progress
- Good C/C++ or Python software development skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Understanding of / Aptitude for speech recognition and deep learning algorithms
- Knowledge of GPU-based / high performance computing
- Experience with large software development projects; Knowledge of Unix / MacOS
- Knowledge of software development for embedded platforms such as Android and iOS
- Additional background in Linguistics and/or Mathematics; Experience with issue trackers and documentation generation tools.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.