Public Relations Intern at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
Are you looking to gain experience working with a communications team at a dynamic and fast-paced consumer tech company? The CarGurus Communications team is looking for an enthusiastic summer Public Relations Intern to help support its efforts to communicate CarGurus’ innovative offerings for both car shoppers and automotive dealers. The ideal candidate is comfortable operating independently and with a team, is comfortable juggling several different projects at once, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with our PR, Insights, Industry Analytics and Content teams to identify compelling story opportunities
- Learn how to develop and pitch stories to the media
- Analyze CarGurus’ media landscape to develop and update targeted media lists
- Support PR team’s coverage monitoring, tracking and reporting using PR analytics software
- Track competitor and industry news for internal reporting
- Create content such as press releases, social posts, blog posts, briefing materials and media pitches
Who You Are:
- Junior, senior, or graduating senior from an accredited college, with a good academic standing.
- Previous PR, social media or Editorial Content experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must pay extreme attention to detail and be flexible in a fast moving environment
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.