Product Designer Coop at Drift
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role/ About the team (Optional)
Whether you’re an intern or a principal, you will get to work on hard problems together. We want you to bring out your unique experience and specialities!
- Kristin Ackerson Staff Product Designer, joined January 2018. Kristin designs creative and simple solutions for customers who are building Drift bots.
- Carolina Lopez-Treviño Tech Lead, joined August 2017. Carolina built several email features, and is a champion for the email infrastructure.
- Tim O’Brien, Director of Product Design, joined September 2018. Tim helps ensure design is consistent and delightful across all product teams.
- Maggie Crowley, Director of Product Management, joined Dec. 2017. Maggie & the team own our bot features and built the interaction flow we use today.
- Freja Mickos, Associate UX Researcher, joined June 2018. Freja runs usability tests with our customers every two weeks, making it easy for you to get customer feedback.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
In one month you'll
- Work with a product team consisting of one product manager, one customer advocate, and three engineers to ship customer value.
- Spend time talking to customers, understanding their problems, and validating that your solutions solve a real problem for them
- Contribute new controls or design improvements to our design system (Tide) to help ensure consistency across products
- Collaborate with our researcher to validate solutions to customer problems with usability tests
- Take one-pagers that your PM has written (our version of specs that you can learn about here: https://www.drift.com/blog/one-pager/) that describe customer problems and turn them into potential solutions
- Own the successful delivery of UXUs (our way of improving the product every week that you can read about here https://www.drift.com/blog/user-experience-update/)
By month 3 you'll
- Become an expert on Drift’s customers and their needs
- Contribute major improvements to our design system (Tide)
- Collaborate with our researcher to conduct customer interviews and usability tests on your own
- Work with engineers to own shipping high quality, delightful solutions to our customers
- Ship a lot of product improvements and features using the “Good/Better/Best” framework (Learn more about how we do that here: https://www.drift.com/blog/how-to-ship/)
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
- Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others.
- You’re dedicated to your craft and want to work amongst a team that will inspire you on a daily basis.
- You are can take candid feedback well and are looking to grow your skillsets
- You are OK with multi-tasking and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- You are detail oriented and organized.
- You love to write.
- You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]