People and Organization Development Intern: Summer 2022 at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast’s People Team (HR) is continuously growing and changing. The POD sits within Toast’s People Team and designs organizational learning and people development including manager enablement, leadership development, DEI workshops, and coaching, as well as elearning platforms to drive personalized learning experiences. These solutions enable and accelerate capability for Toast employees, managers and leaders to scale with the rapid pace of our business. We need talented people to work on high-impact programs that position our Toast employees for growth and success.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
As a POD Intern, you'll be an important part of Toast’s People Team. You'll get to work with people across the team and the company in a wide variety of ways. We are looking for a motivated individual to help us build scalable, authentic and inclusive learning experiences that will shape the next generation of Toasters. What you’ll get in return is the opportunity to learn and grow, while working on cool, impactful projects with great team members. Our goal will be to provide you with real-world, in-house experience of being part of a Learning & Development team at a rapidly growing company.
- Preparing and curating learning content and career development resources
- Coordinating development workshops and events
- Supporting our e-learning and onboarding functions
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2nd or 3rd year working towards a bachelor's degree
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to consistently bring enthusiasm and curiosity
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with a diverse, inclusive workforce
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and interested in making a difference and an impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Prior experience with HR or Learning and Development (L&D) preferred (but not required)
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.