Parts Management Internship (Winter/Spring 2019)
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our Print Production Center is the fabrication facility for everything printed at Formlabs. We print standard and custom sample parts, beautiful models for tradeshows and events, and support our engineering and customer teams by printing whatever they need. We are seeking an intern to help us with a variety of tasks related to our parts at tradeshows. If you are obsessively organized, interested in product marketing, and excited to work with your hands, we want you to join us as a Parts Management Intern.
- Fabrication of non-printed tradeshow parts via machining, vacuum-forming, etc.
- Procuring external parts to be displayed at tradeshows.
- Determine demand for production of further display parts
- Own global inventory of display parts
- Work with our product team to recommend new events displays
- Always have an eagle eye on the details – no bad print or damaged part would get past you
- Organized individual who is comfortable building ordered systems and processes from scratch
- Have an interest in traditional and artisanal processes relating to materials, making and fabrication processes and modern tools like 3D scanning, CAD, and other emerging technologies.
- Interested in learning market strategy and contributing to product marketing via model selection processes
- Very focused and can operate efficiently with minimal management
- Can smoothly navigate competing priorities, tight deadlines, and last minute projects
- A friendly communicator who can interface with all teams to get things done
*Please note this position is based out of our Somerville, MA office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.