Mobile Developer - Early Career Intern Program Summer 2020 at MassMutual
Why should I consider MassMutual?
At MassMutual, we are looking for and investing in students who will become tomorrow’s future business leaders. The MassMutual Early Career Internship Program is an 11-week summer internship in a diverse and established Fortune 100 Company, in which you will help solve business problems, develop both the professional and leadership skills needed to build a successful career, while having fun and building relationships that will last a lifetime. With internships in areas of Technology, Insurance Operations, Investment Management, and Marketing, you can explore the career path that is right for YOU!
What great looks like in this program:
Our ideal candidate is someone who is a continuous learner that can adapt and thrive in complex, uncertain and changing situations.
You are able to demonstrate this by:
- Earning confidence and trust through ownership, commitment and follow-through in achieving results in school and/or work projects.
- Building a deeper understanding of how a business operates, specifically with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Managing priorities effectively and adapting quickly to achieve goals.
- Self-driven in the pursuit of opportunities to develop new skills and perspectives through constant learning
You're also team-oriented and take a collaborative approach to working with others. With a flat leadership structure, the opportunity for flexibility within the role, and development into other areas is a core reason most people desire to work in Digital Experience at MassMutual.
Objectives of the role
- Take direction from the head of mobile and creative leads while communication issues, providing estimates, and helping to envision creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Demonstrate the ability to master new & emerging technologies and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.
- Working on and finishing a project over the course of the summer and demonstrating the final product with relevant stakeholders
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Architect and develop advanced mobile capabilities for a suite apps
- Provide support and direction to other mobile developers
- Take direction from the head of mobile and creative leads while communicating issues and driving toward resolution
- Provide estimates, and helping to envision creative solutions to technical challenges
- Drive toward the effective utilization of the latest technologies, partnering with business stakeholders across the team, as well as experts in other areas including date science to achieve these goals.
- Learn and master new and emerging technologies and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.
Skills and qualifications
- 4 years of development experience through personal and school projects
- Demonstrated experience with one of the following languages; Swift or Java Kotlin
- Significant experience in mobile application development including a deep understanding of how to architect reusable mobile frameworks and solutions
- Authorized to work in the United States with or without sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree in CE, CS, EE, ME MIS
- CI/CD Knowledge & BDD Development
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience developing and using mobile Frameworks (cocoapods, gradle, maven, fastlane etc.)
Intern Program Highlights:
- Meaningful Projects: Apply your knowledge and skills by participating in high profile projects in a respected and highly rated company. Take part in our collaborative work environment focusing on process improvements that help us better serve our customers, including both external and internal customers.
- Corporate Learning & Development Programs: Participate in internal programs that allow you to develop professional skills and competencies such as Empower (leadership course), Products 101, 12 Inclusive Behaviors, Microsoft Excel training, etc.
- Personalized Coaching: Receive career and leadership coaching specific to you and your development needs from our Early Career Program team.
- Mentors: Be paired with professionals at MassMutual to learn about the business throughout several departments while utilizing your mentors as a sounding board to share and shape your ideas.
- Networking Opportunities: Engage with the greater MassMutual community by being involved in networking activities and also our sessions set up as smaller group meetings with senior leaders in the company.
- Volunteer Opportunities: MassMutual invests more than $20 million annually in organizations across the country to support communities and broaden their economic opportunity. Join colleagues within MassMutual and make a positive impact in the community!
- Community: You will have the opportunity to work with talented interns across several departments in a highly-collaborative environment. Housing is also provided if needed, which adds to the community aspect of the program.
The Digital Experience team, part of MassMutual’s Customer Experience organization, is comprised of collaborative, cross-functional, product centric groups who like to have fun, challenge each other, and are energized to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers. We design, build, and support all of MassMutual’s customer-facing digital assets. To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring Mobile Developer Interns to join our team.
What great looks like in this role:
Our ideal Mobile Developer Intern candidate is team-oriented, possesses excellent communication skills and who has proven work experience developing and supporting complex mobile applications utilizing current mobile development frameworks. Leveraging a solid knowledge of mobile architecture, frameworks and development tools, candidates will work in a collaborative environment to architect and develop advanced mobile capabilities for a suite of apps.