MBA Strategy Intern, Sales Operations
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The CarGurus Sales Operations team is seeking an MBA Intern. As a member of the team, you will experience how Sales Ops leverages data to support a fast-growing company by addressing day-to-day tactical needs to assist in closing deals while concurrently designing long-term strategic improvements that enable scalability and improved sales outcomes. This opportunity will allow you to see how Sales Ops can drive company results and to learn first-hand how a sales organization functions and grows effectively.
This internship can be full-time or part-time and the start date is flexible.
What You'll Do:
- Develops, evaluates, and implements pricing strategies and models based upon current business and competitive market dynamics.
- Conducts research and performs competitive pricing analysis
- Monitors ongoing competitive environment to ensure practices do not adversely impact customer satisfaction.
- Partners with Sales/Marketing/Finance to correct position product portfolio and estimates pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategies.
- Evaluates opportunities to monetize products to create up-sell opportunities.
- Helps lead the development of long-term impact business opportunities to win against competition and strategic projects (including defining, scoping, chartering and leading Group Strategy Pool projects)
- Ensures up-to-date overview of market, competition, technical, application development in markets.
- Leads multi-functional teams to ensure product pricing efforts are completed and supported with appropriate process.
- Providing quantitative analytical support in service of managed markets and designated business unit.
- Implement and manage territory planning to distribute demand efficiently and position the sales team for sustained success
- Analyze Total Addressable Market (TAM) and make recommendations.
Who You Are:
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Salesforce highly preferred
- Detail-oriented self-starter
- Willing to devote equal time and effort to dirty work and complex projects
- Interest or experience in sales, business, or revenue operations
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Interns are paid. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.