MBA Strategy Intern, Sales Operations at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
The CarGurus Sales Operations team is seeking an MBA Intern. As a member of the team, you will experience how Sales Ops leverages data to support a fast-growing company by addressing day-to-day tactical needs to assist in closing deals while concurrently designing long-term strategic improvements that enable scalability and improved sales outcomes. This opportunity will allow you to see how Sales Ops can drive company results and to learn first-hand how a sales organization functions and grows effectively.
This internship can be full-time or part-time and the start date is flexible.
What You'll Do:
- Develops, evaluates, and implements pricing strategies and models based upon current business and competitive market dynamics.
- Conducts research and performs competitive pricing analysis
- Monitors ongoing competitive environment to ensure practices do not adversely impact customer satisfaction.
- Partners with Sales/Marketing/Finance to correct position product portfolio and estimates pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategies.
- Evaluates opportunities to monetize products to create up-sell opportunities.
- Helps lead the development of long-term impact business opportunities to win against competition and strategic projects (including defining, scoping, chartering and leading Group Strategy Pool projects)
- Ensures up-to-date overview of market, competition, technical, application development in markets.
- Leads multi-functional teams to ensure product pricing efforts are completed and supported with appropriate process.
- Providing quantitative analytical support in service of managed markets and designated business unit.
- Implement and manage territory planning to distribute demand efficiently and position the sales team for sustained success
- Analyze Total Addressable Market (TAM) and make recommendations.
Who You Are:
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Salesforce highly preferred
- Detail-oriented self-starter
- Willing to devote equal time and effort to dirty work and complex projects
- Interest or experience in sales, business, or revenue operations
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.