Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is seeking a highly-analytical, impact-oriented MBA Summer Associate to join our Sales Intelligence & Growth Operations Teams. The role will serve as a core member within the team for the summer, focused on business analytics to drive insights and actions, along with operational excellence to enable Sales leadership to make effective, data-driven decisions. The MBA Summer Associate will be expected to work cross functionally between various teams at Toast including finance, marketing, business development, operations, and product.
The Sales Intelligence team assists with all Go-To-Market (GTM) activities at Toast including sales strategy, territory management, sales enablement, sales engineering, and operations. We are a collaborative team that takes our work seriously and has fun doing it! The success of the Sales Intelligence team directly impacts the revenue streams of the company. As such, this role is an opportunity to join us at a groundbreaking moment and truly make an impact. For the right candidate, this is a career defining opportunity.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. revenue, product, market, industry) to derive insights that will drive business decisions.
- Drive operational excellence for our GTM teams through identification and execution of opportunity areas that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to the business.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data visualization to tell the story behind the numbers and provide data-driven recommendations to leadership.
- Build and execute pilot programs for Go-To-Market Sales Leadership.
- Analyze sales and customer data in partnership with key cross-functional stakeholders throughout the organization.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Creative, highly organized, tech-savvy, detail-oriented, and intellectually curious.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, with a bias towards action and failing fast to learn quickly.
- A team player and excellent communicator, ready to roll up your sleeves and partner across the organization to get things done.
- A creative and critical thinker who can operate at 30,000 feet as well as at ground level simultaneously.
- Strong Microsoft Excel / Google Suite skills, as well as experience with large data sets.
- BA/BS required; currently enrolled in and pursuing an MBA.
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Knowledge of Salesforce, SQL.
- A passion for the restaurant industry.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.