Marketing Content Co-Op
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
Are you looking to join a dynamic and fast-paced technology company? The CarGurus B2B Marketing Team is looking for an insightful content creator to help produce educational and engaging content across a range of media.
We’re seeking a polished writer with the ability to take stories from ideas to well-executed final products. This person has an editor’s eye as well as the ability to synthesize information from a wide variety of sources and turn it into compelling webinars, presentations, whitepapers, blog and social media posts, and more.
A successful Content Writer will clearly communicate CarGurus’ positioning and messaging to automotive dealers while keeping an eye on critical details like accuracy, grammar, story flow, style, and tone. They will be able to speak the language of sales, marketing, and tech – distilling CarGurus’ competitive advantage in clear, compelling, and persuasive language that captures mind and market share.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the creation of dealer-facing content that positions CarGurus as a thought leader in the industry and helps dealers improve their digital marketing efforts. Goals of this content are to attract, nurture, and convert qualified leads, and retain and upsell current customers.
- Contribute to CarGurus’ dealer blog and social media platforms, including idea generation, writing, and editing.
- Provide editorial support to internal subject-matter experts presenting at CarGurus Navigate, our industry conference.
- Ensure the tone and voice of the company and its application across marketing materials.
Who You Are:
- Currently enrolled in bachelor’s program, preferably majoring in journalism, English, marketing, or related fields
- Experience telling stories across short and long-form content mediums, such as presentation decks, reports, blog posts, and social media.
- Precise, detail-oriented editing and proofreading skills
- Capacity to balance, prioritize, and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines
- Willingness to pitch in as needed and be a team player
- Must provide content and/or writing samples
- Automotive industry experience not required
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.