Manufacturing & Field Engineer Student Co-Op at Soofa
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are looking for a Manufacturing & Field Engineer Co-Op to make our neighborhood news feeds even better by assembling mechanical/electronic parts in the lab, performing functional tests, and deploying and troubleshooting Soofa Signs in Greater Boston. The ideal candidate is a junior or senior undergrad who has already completed at least one co-op.
Quote from a current co-op:
"Working at Soofa has been great for me because it allowed me to explore different areas within a company and take on real responsibilities, building a strong work experience. Like many startups, working at Soofa includes taking on many different tasks, some of which are not precisely where I have the most experience, but that has helped me grow and learn how to manage different situations accordingly.
At Soofa, I have learned how to plan things and maximize time, understanding how to ask valuable questions. I’ve learned how to pay careful attention to detail and making sure things are perfect within resources that are sometimes limited.
Some of the cool projects I was involved with while at Soofa are designing a part for our product, automating the maintenance process, and setting up the means to track our inventory."
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Assemble and test mechanical and electrical products
- Test components in the lab prior to deployment
- Deploy and troubleshoot products in the field
- Create project plans and provide completion timelines
- Communicate and troubleshoot with other teams; share project status updates
- Hands-on experience with mechanical and electrical assembly of products
- Comfortable operating basic power tools
- Experience with soldering wires
- Familiar with basic coding principles
- Great attention to detail
- Very organized with effective time management skills
- Can work independently with little direction
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Good communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team
- Have means to move quickly and comfortably through an urban environment to visit Soofa Signs across Boston (we are big cycling/scooter enthusiasts, and we're close to Lechmere and Kendall Square on the T).
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Flexible PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Team lunches every Friday
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.