Legal Intern - Summer 2020 at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
The CarGurus Legal department is seeking a summer intern who will excel in our technology-driven, fast-paced, and collaborative environment. The Legal Intern will do actual legal work to assist the legal department in fulfilling its mission and the company’s strategic objectives. As a Legal Intern, you may participate in contract drafting and negotiations, collaborate with colleagues on achieving corporate objectives, evaluate legal issues related to privacy and data protection, engage in corporate transactions and implement strategic decisions on legal claims and litigation matters.
This position is for the Summer 2020
This is a paid internship. While we offer competitive compensation, we don't provide accommodation. Because we do not hire new attorneys, we cannot commit to any post-graduation placement. Please ensure you are interested in an internship in Cambridge, MA under these circumstances before applying.
Who You Are:
- First-year law student pursuing a J.D. from an ABA accredited law school (top law school/strong academic performer) who intends to work in a law firm after graduating from law school
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across diverse groups
- Ability to research legal and business issues and learn new concepts quickly
- Demonstrated curiosity and passion for learning new things
- Interest in the technology industry
- Professional attitude
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Interns are paid. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.