We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Gain valuable experience at a groundbreaking company.
DraftKings is seeking highly motivated, career-oriented students with a passion for internal corporate communications and strategic communications. During the internship, you’ll support daily activities within DraftKings’ Internal Communications department, working closely with various other departments. We’re building the infrastructure needed to effectively communicate, engage and inspire employees in our rapidly growing company.
What you’ll do as an Internal Communications Intern:
- You will be writing extensively in the following areas: short and long editorial content, emails/memos, and presentations.
- Coordinate and manage employee events from developing to scheduling, and creating content.
- Maintain and improve the daily content calendar for Slack, along with the regular Internal Communications calendars.
- Collaborate with other teams across the business, especially Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Legal and other members of the Corporate Communications team.
- Use our social media and enterprise tools, and create new ways of increasing employee engagement.
What skills you will use:
- In pursuit of an advanced degree in communications, journalism, or marketing communications.
- Exceptional organizational and research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work well under pressure, achieving results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and thriving under deadlines.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, often with short deadlines.
What will stand out on your resume:
- Experience in corporate and marketing communications.
- Familiarity with employee engagement and employee branding.
- Experience using social media, Slack, or other enterprise social media tools.
- Proven writing experience across platforms, such as social media, email, intranets/websites, newsletters, and more.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.