Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Co-op at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
About the team
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries and we embrace that diversity by encouraging it within our company. The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) team ensures we are creating an environment where everyone has an opportunity to thrive by baking DEI principles and practices into the entire employee experience. The work includes creating processes, tools, business systems, people analytics, recruiting and cultural competency. We need talented people to work on high-impact programs that position Toasters and customers for growth and success.
We will welcome you and provide you with the real-world experience of being part of a DEI team committed to diversity and passionate about equity and inclusion in a rapidly growing company, supporting a growing industry.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- You will be an important collaborator of Toast’s People Team (HR)
- You'll get to work with people across the team and the company in a variety of ways
- Research DEI efforts that may be relevant to HR or the Restaurant industry
- Provide administrative support for our Toast Communities (ERGs), and our Council of Advocates for Equity (CAFE) , including coordinating events and outreach
- Design and develop learning materials (job aids, hand-outs, videos, audios, etc.) using a variety of principles to enhance DEI learning effectiveness
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th year student working towards a bachelor's degree
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to bring enthusiasm and curiosity
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Passionate and curious about DEI
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and interested in making a difference
- Be able to make our stakeholders feel listened to and support them with their needs
- Organized, detail-oriented creative problem solver with project management experience
- Prior experience with HR, Organizational Development (OD), Learning and Development (L&D) or DEI is preferred (but not required)
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.