Data Analytics - Summer Intern
Have you imagined working in an environment driven by a passion and desire to not only outperform, but also outbehave the market? Since 2009, Flywire has been that company, creating solutions that break barriers, and teams that always look at the next disruptive way to move Flywire and its customers into the next phase of global payment solutions.Job Description
We, at Flywire, are looking for a Data Analytics Intern to support our Data Analytics Team in Boston, Massachusetts! This Intern will assist the team in developing, reporting, and analyzing key business metrics with the goal of empowering the entire organization to make evidence-based decisions. They will also participate at all levels of the analytics pipeline, including data management, descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, and reporting/visualization.
Our ideal candidate can look forward to an opportunity to collaborate with a global, culturally diverse, and dynamic team, and the chance to participate in a competitively paid internship program!
- Design interactive dashboards (using Looker/Tableau) to monitor important metrics for new Flywire business verticals
- Handle impromptu data requests from FlyMates across various teams
- Investigate opportunities to use predictive modeling to improve the efficiency and profitability of Flywire's business operations
- Work collaboratively with other interns and the business on a summer-long project
FlyMate Skills & Qualifications
- Working toward/completed an Undergraduate degree in Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, or related field
- Coursework in data analytics, data visualization, or statistics is a plus; experience working with SQL, Python, or R is not required, but applicants should be willing/eager to learn
- Experience in conducting and communicate research assignment results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work approximately 40 hours/week
- Fluency in English (required); other languages are a plus
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 30 nationalities across 9 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.
Flywire participates in E-Verify for all U.S. employees.