Corporate Finance/Accounting Co-op
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Corporate Finance/Accounting Co-op position provides an opportunity for the candidate to work in fast paced web base technology environment and to work within different facets of a corporate finance organization. The individual will be exposed to a variety of finance functions including accounting and reporting, purchase to pay, external audits, order to cash including billing and collection. This is a terrific opportunity to provide support to an accounting team in an international environment, drive process improvement within corporate finance and get visibility to various finance functions.
What You'll Do:
- Support the accounting team with monthly close processes and performing account reconciliations
- Provide support for the year-end financial audit, track and organize audit request lists
- Work with the order to cash management team in managing customer billing and applying payments
- Get exposure to applying customer payments received through the CG lockbox
- Work on daily billing batches to accurately invoice customers
- Handle customer/sales requests as they come in the billing queue
- Work with the procure to pay team to ensure timely payment of vendors
- Provide support to the collections team in managing delinquent payments
- Perform ad-hoc projects as required by the management team
Who You Are:
- Candidate for a bachelor degree with concentration in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of Excel (pivot table, VLOOKUP, charts, etc.) and other CRM skillset a plus
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong team player
- Highly organized and able to deliver work flow on time.
- Strong communication skills (customers, sales, etc.).
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.