B2B Event Marketing Co-Op
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Are you looking to gain experience working with a marketing team at a dynamic and fast-paced start-up? The CarGurus B2B Marketing team is looking for an enthusiastic co-op to help support its direct marketing efforts to automotive dealers. This role will have the opportunity to be involved in building, testing, and analyzing the success of marketing programs, which will directly impact the organization’s success.
The ideal candidate is comfortable operating independently and in a team setting, is comfortable juggling several different projects are once, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Support the event marketing team’s logistics for tradeshows, conferences, sporting events, client outings, CarGurus’ annual Dealer Executive Council, and other events as required.
- Manage aspects of event logistics including timelines, budget, invitation process, registration, food and beverage, and other event logistics.
- Coordinate and book hotels for event participants.
- Make reservations for group meals, social events, and corporate outings.
- Coordinate the selection and fulfillment of promotional items.
- Coordinate with multiple vendors to ensure events are successful.
- Support the marketing team with maintenance and development of event promotions via email, direct mail, social media, etc.
- Analyze success of events and report out on results.
Who You Are:
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior from an accredited college, with a good academic standing.
- Previous marketing experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple marketing priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Analytically oriented and comfortable using data to solve problems.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to deliver results.
- Willingness to pitch in as needed for related marketing activities.
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, Hubspot and/or other marketing automation tools, or Adobe InDesign, a plus.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.