Acquisitions Sales Intern at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
Are you looking to gain experience working with a Sales team at a dynamic, fun and fast-paced technology company? CarGurus is looking for qualified interns to join the Sales Development team to assist in overall day to day responsibilities, work flow operations, and various projects to impact the overall efficiency of the business. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, the ability to focus on tasks in a rapidly-changing working environment, strong communication skills, and be capable of regularly finishing projects and tasks on time by adhering to a systematic and repeatable process. The ideal candidate is comfortable operating independently and in a team setting, is comfortable juggling several different projects at once, and thrives in a fast-paced fun environment.
This position is for the Summer 2020 semester.What You’ll Do:
- Using Salesforce, Google, and other resources; uncover new prospects and prequalify dealerships/
- Help ensure that each new prospect is engaged and fully understands the benefits of the values we provide
- Work cross departmentally within CarGurus on multiple long term and weekly projects
- Demonstrate persistence, tenacity, and the ability to overcome obstacles and handle objections
- Develop and consistently meet or exceed all assigned quotas and key performance metrics
- Log all sales activity completely and accurately in Salesforce
- Weekly one on one check ins and team meetings to facilitate growth
- Currently attending or recent graduate from an accredited college with a good academic standing
- Rising Junior/Senior preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to stay focused on task and follow directions precisely
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Salesforce.comi s a plus
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to deliver results
- Interest in Sales is a plus
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.