Accounting Intern at Drift
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About The Team
Drift is looking to add an intern to help support our Accounting team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston. This role will allow you to be exposed to various parts of the business as we continue to scale the Company and expand and develop the finance organization as an important part of that growth.
You will be customer-centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to think independently and at the same time want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be a thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels and focused on solving business and financial challenges.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be joining a small and dynamic finance team, reporting to the Senior Accountant, on the larger Company Success Team
- You will assist in various month-end closing tasks, including:
- Posting journal entries and preparing balance sheet reconciliations for cash accounts
- Reviewing employee expense reports and credit card spend
- Reviewing and mapping monthly expenses to corresponding general ledger accounts
- You will assist with Accounts Payable by entering invoices and coding spend to corresponding accounts
- You will assist Accounts Receivable through customer invoice processing which may require communicating directly with customers regarding billing matters
- You will work cross-functionally with Customer Success and Customer Support teams to resolve customer billing inquiries
- You will work alongside Revenue Operations and FP&A teams to tackle challenging ad-hoc Revenue projects
- You will provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary
What You Should Have
- Working toward/completed an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- GPA for courses related to major at or above 3.3
- Reliable and very detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Consistently positive attitude
- Independent/flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management and build influential relationships with partners in the business.
- Tech savvy and eagerness to learn new technology and practices
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]