Accounting Intern at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Accounting Team at CarGurus is looking to hire an Accounting Intern to join our team for the summer! You will gain accounting and financial reporting experience in a fast-growing public software company. This is a 12-week paid internship opportunity.
What You'll Do:
- Perform monthly and quarterly accounting close activities, such as preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the tie-out of quarterly financial statements
- Gain an understanding of end-to-end business processes
- Monitor and test SOX controls
- Shadow various team members who have experience in different accounting roles (i.e. accounting close, financial reporting, SOX, revenue)
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
Who You Are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Aspiring to obtain CPA license
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills and motivation to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Interns are paid. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.