2020 Undergraduate Software Development Intern
Chewy seeks passionate, tech-minded undergraduate students to join our offices in Boston, MA as Software Development Interns. Our 10 to 12 week internship is a hands-on opportunity to put your classroom knowledge, passion for technology and intellectual drive to work in an environment that is fast-paced and welcoming of your input.
What you’ll do:
As a Software Development Intern at Chewy, there are several departments in which you could make a lasting impact:
Back-end Software Engineer: The backbone of our platform, this team is the back-end of our e-commerce platform. As an intern, you'll write simple and sustainable code that reflects a deep understanding of the business and contributes meaningfully to the success of your team. Understanding of SQL and proficiency in a static typed, general purpose, programming language such as Java, Scala or Kotlin will set you up for a successful experience within Back-end Engineering teams.
What you’ll need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, graduating in December 2020 or later.
- Proficiency in Java, with some experience in SQL, Scala, Kotlin, C#, Swift, Objective-C, or GO
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals such as object oriented design/multi-threading, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Understanding of professional Software Engineering practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to work 40 hours per week during the 10 to 12 week internship
Who We Are:
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailer of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience that's fueled by superior customer care. Chewy's environment is dynamic and faster than anything you've ever experienced, built for leaders who thrive on delivering results. We believe in leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity. We work hard with a dogged determination, but we have fun, too—that's not hard to do when we have our favorite four-legged friends by our side.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]