2020 Summer UX Research Intern at Chewy
We’re looking for a 2020 Summer UX Research Intern with strong product instincts to help us develop Chewy’s digital experiences in our Boston, MA office. You’ll assist with a variety of research methods to provide key insights, connecting designers, product managers, engineers, and other Chewy employees to the voice of the customer. You will enhance usability, help provide a better understanding of customers as well as ways to uncover their needs and opportunities to delight. There is a potential to turn the position into a full time position.
What you'll do:
- Plan, conduct, synthesize and communicate user research projects to inform product design, development, marketing, and merchandising teams including but not limited to: ethnographic research, usability studies, heuristic evaluations, interviews, surveys, user personas, journey maps, service blueprints and benchmarks.
- Determine user research needs and scheduling based on the needs of designers, product managers, marketers, and engineers.
- Develop research plans and, along with the UX Research team, execute plans and gather user insights and data.
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams (software, data scientists, designers, etc.)
- Identify intended users, determine product use cases and identify critical user tasks; draft use specifications.
- Collaborate with product teams and data analytics to identify the right user research methodology for the situation, create research guides that ensure the right data is being collected for the right purpose.
- Utilize UX research methodologies to collect and synthesize insights from customer service representatives.
- Effectively communicate research findings and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership when needed.
- Turn insights into actionable recommendations.
- Advocate for the user and demonstrate the value of research.
What you'll need:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree studying Human Factors, Human Interaction Design or similar degree
- Experience using testing platforms such as UserZoom, UserTesting or related platforms
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks
- Persuasive communication that is grounded in confidently sourced data
- Experience conducting user interviews, ethnography, surveys, heuristics evaluations, and building personas
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]