Workplace Experience Specialist at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for a Specialist to join its growing Workplace Experience team. The Specialist will report directly to the Workplace Experience Manager and partner closely with members of the Boston team to maintain and improve upon the overall team member experience. The role will be responsible for typical office management projects, along with a variety of other tasks including: assessing the “pulse” of the office on a constant basis, performing regular walk-throughs of the space and dreaming up innovative ways to improve it, and taking on a client-centric mindset.
The ideal candidate is someone who is organized, able to multitask and balance an ever-changing priority list, and can drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment. This role will need to effectively communicate with colleagues across teams and offices as well as be comfortable engaging with clients, vendors, and the wide variety of visitors that the Boston office attracts. Additionally the candidate should be able to write well, present themselves in a professional environment, and think on their feet.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Assist the Workplace Experience team with general administrative support including invoice processing, scheduling, expense reporting, office supplies inventory and restock, office building and equipment service requests, mail system management etc.
- Serve as an additional point of contact to respond to customer requests and feedback regarding Workplace Experience
- Help craft the visitor experience and innovate ideas to make it rock!
- Perform regular walk-throughs of the space on a daily basis
- Think creatively to propose unique solutions
- Communicate clearly and effectively to all stakeholders, particularly in written communications
- Anticipate office needs and proactively address them
- Partner closely with Workplace Team and other key constituents (Service Desk, People Team, Security) on a wide variety of projects
- Work cross-functionally to balance competing priorities
- Setup and breakdown of catering
- Assist with inter-office moves, re-shuffles, and other moves as needed
- Conference & Meeting Room Management
- Provide support for all Events including, but not limited to: Inter-Office Events/Programs, Client Onsite meetings, and Enterprise All-Hands etc.
- Assist with setup of new hire desks/clean up leavers desks
You Should Have
- High-energy and eager to get the job done efficiently
- Previous vendor management and/or relevant experience preferred
- Ability to field a heavy volume of requests at once but never compromise quality
- Be customer service oriented
- Ability to walk the space and see areas for improvement, vendors that need to be called
- Must be comfortable moving items that require lifting
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Be a deep thinker who looks for root causes for problems and is open to change
- You are a team-player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are passionate about the workplace experience
- A written and verbal communication superstar
- Experience with Google Suite, Service Now, and other office management tools is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.