Workplace Experience Manager
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Workplace Experience Manager leads all aspects of team member experience and workplace facilities for Enterprise operations. They are responsible for leading change in the implementation of workplace agility and productivity, the strategy behind cultural programing and processes, as well as the executional lead for events and projects. They are the focal point of contact for local teams by creating a productive atmosphere in which people thrive.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Enterprise Operations, the Workplace Experience Manager is a multi-faceted role that will both guide the employee experience, from strategy to execution, as well as build a collaborative work environment through the management of the Enterprise Workplace Team. They will oversee current programming and supporting two offices while at the same time developing a scalable vision for the future.
The ideal candidate is relentless about details, reliable and passionate about people. They have a hospitable, outgoing demeanor, like having fun and enjoy building relationships. They are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and jump when necessary. They are a self-starter who likes to figure things out and a drive to get things done. They get excited about working on a wide variety of projects and can easily change direction. They must successfully service the requirements of the role while simultaneously build and mentor a team. They are savvy at balancing the needs and emotions of both your customers and your team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Areas For Partnerships & Consultation
Real Estate: Serves as a strategic liaison between the Workplace Real Estate team, Enterprise Senior Leadership, and other stakeholders across the organization. Assist with projects such as office moves, furniture matters, and all other facilities related projects. While allowing the Workplace Project Manager to focus on coordinating project scheduling, the Experience Manager provides support in relation to impacted team members and their needs.
Workplace/Facilities: Partners closely with both the Sr. Director and Manager of the Workplace team to ensure that all company-wide Workplace initiatives are implemented thoughtfully and strategically. Coordinate amongst office points of contact to execute on initiatives and sustain general processes.
Service Desk: Acts as a liaison between the Enterprise Workplace Team and both the local Boston Service Desk team as well as the broader Service Desk team. The Workplace Experience Manager handles coordination for all Enterprise Service Desk needs as it relates to events, meetings, etc.
People: Acts as a consultant and partner to ensure constant alignment with the local HRBP & broader People team for thoughtful execution of local and organization-wide programing.
- Facility Operations: Strategically implement organization-wide processes, define and develop local processes, train and mentor the Facilities Specialist, and initiate change when necessary. Oversee the teams day-to-day responsibilities providing feedback and encouragement, as needed.
- Vendor Management: Build relationships with outside vendors and act as the key consultant in identifying a need for a vendor change; researching new vendors, presenting options and executing a smooth transition of a new vendor/service.
- Event Planning and Execution: Serve as the point person in company event planning, management and execution. Plan and execute all aspects of Enterprise team events - including venue negotiation and collaboration, travel oversight, activities, volunteers, and communications - ensuring all logistics are accomplished seamlessly and on-budget. Inspire and assist teammates to be proactive and creative with event planning ideas and implementation.
- Event Strategy: Lead the growth and scalability of event programming, both for internal enterprise events and for external events hosted locally. Measure and track effectiveness of culture and engagement initiatives to drive continuous optimization of results; adjust plans based on employee and management feedback
- Space Management: Collaboratively work and partner with regional Real Estate & Workplace Experience team to improve efficiency and provide support in local renovation and relocation projects. Assist in space planning (moves, adds, changes) for existing space and desk utilization reporting.
- Partner closely with senior management and stakeholders across the organization to ensure effective delivery of key messages
- Provide strategic communications support on relevant projects and programs
- Develop scalable processes and procedures to enable a consistent, positive employee experience across the Enterprise Team
- Oversee, manage, and mentor the Enterprise Workplace Team
You Should Have
- Project Management Experience: Must possess leadership, management and oversight of projects
- Confident working in a lively, ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, hands-on and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; knows and grasps s the power of appropriate communication.
- Attention to detail; ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Customer service skills; patient, attentive, knowledgeable, positive, and ability to read your audience.
- Technology: Must be familiar with facility management technology, security technology and workplace management systems.
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.