Technical HR Business Partner
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Reporting to the Director, People Strategy, you will be responsible for acting as a true business partner to Toast's Product and Engineering teams. The ideal candidate will bring strong business acumen, cultural awareness, consultative skills, customer service orientation, and functional human resources expertise. The person in this role should have proven experience understanding business concepts and aligning business needs with HR support and solutions to move the business ahead in a hyper-growth environment. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness to effectively build and sustain strong partnerships with trust and credibility across the business.
What you will do:
- Assist in the development and execution of the talent management processes including quarterly and annual performance reviews and succession planning
- Provide day-to-day guidance to product and engineering leadership on coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Analyze employee NPS results and implement programs to improve overall employee satisfaction within different departments
- Provide guidance on Employee Relations matters and conduct investigations, as needed
- Ensure policies, practices and programs are administered in a fair and consistent manner
- Identify and create management and employee training and development programs; Recommend implementation of appropriate program options
- Collaborate with People & Culture team members, manage projects, and provide direction on HR-related programs and practices
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 1-2 years in a HR Business Partner role with strong experience in performance management and people strategy
- Solid understanding of HR practices, policies, and employment law
- Strong teamwork, communication & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in a high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to show excellent judgment, creative problem-solving, and training/coaching
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field and/or HR certification preferred
- Experience working in the Technology/SaaS industry is a plus