Research Recruitment Coordinator at Embark Veterinary
Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
We’re looking for a talented and highly motivated Research Recruitment Coordinator to join our discovery research team to help grow our global database of genetic and clinical information. In close collaboration with our science team, you will oversee daily operations and sample recruitment for internal and partnered strategic research initiatives. These projects require a unique approach involving social media outreach, marketing, phone and email campaigns to recruit rare cases from dog owners, veterinarians, and collaborative academic researchers. The ultimate goal of this team is to generate datasets of genomic, molecular, and clinical data that will advance our understanding of diseases, enhance our product offerings, improve care plans for affected dogs and their families, and lead to the development of new therapies.
The principal objectives of this role are to drive discovery research efforts forward with robust sample recruitment, a collaborative spirit, and strong engagement with dog owners and research partners.
- Project manage all communication with breed organizations, vets and other partners to recruit samples for support our health research.
- Coordinate with internal teams, logistics, accounting, science, to execute delivery, receipt, and tracking of samples through the analysis pipelines
- Develop weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates and reporting on research progress to senior management and leadership team
- Adjust recruitment strategy as necessary to ensure that Embark is reaching the widest audience for specific diseases of interest
- Proactively identify potential roadblocks and areas for improvement
- Collect, organize, track, and perform initial review of clinical documents, work closely with our team of veterinarians to validate the accuracy of reported information
- Maintain updated written SOPs for various recruitment efforts, support project teams with regular meeting notes and project plans
This person will report to the Senior Program Manager.
- Entrepreneurial, driven and motivated to make impactful discoveries in canine health
- 1-3 years of experience in project management in clinical research, academic research, or similar environment
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to connect with a diverse audience
- Positive approach to working through challenges and possess the ability to make the most out of available resources
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and external parties
- Comfort with working independently and balancing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Use of sound judgment to handle and prioritize a variety of tasks, can proactively identify and solve problems
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Project Management software
- Possessing creativity, a passion to excel, and a strong desire to win
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.