Ellevation is looking for a People & Talent Specialist skilled at finding great talent and delivering a great candidate and new hire experience so we can continue building a world class team supporting our mission. In this role you will support our People Operations & Talent Acquisition functions building plans to source, hire and onboard talent to achieve our targets. Most importantly, you will play a critical role in ensuring we have top talent to create and deliver tools to support the work of thousands of educators and the students they serve.
Although we are all remote today, when we return to our downtown Boston office you will be based there with flexibility to work from home 2-3 days a week.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation’s mission to improve outcomes for EL students.
- Understand Ellevation’s values and how People Operations partners with internal teams to drive results.
- Learn our recruiting and onboarding process and practices.
- Learn all of our internal people tools including Lever (ATS), Namely (HRIS), Small Improvements (Performance), and Lessonly (LMS).
- Conduct phone/zoom screens, schedule interviews and assist in onboarding new hires.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Partner with hiring managers to source, select and hire top talent.
- Own onboarding of all new Ellevation employees.
- Track, post and close job requisitions and postings.
- Own employee data and documentation updates and edits in Namely (our HRIS).
- Serve as the main point of contact with payroll to ensure data integrity.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Own the full-lifecycle of recruiting for assigned roles.
- Establish strong working relationships and build rapport with colleagues and people leaders throughout the company.
- Serve as Lever Super Admin and train the rest of the company on proper use of the tool.
- Make recommendations to improve our people and talent function.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Successfully hired and onboarded 30+ new team members to Ellevation.
- Assisted Ellevation improving our diversity hiring demographics.
- Interact with the Greater Boston and EdTech community to create partnerships and spread employer brand awareness.
- Attending hiring and networking events virtually and in person once it is safe again.
- 2+ years of People Operations & Talent Acquisition/Recruitment experience.
- Thorough: You love details and ensuring a seamless experience.
- Trustworthy: You are skilled in building rapport/relationships.
- Conversationalist: You enjoy talking to others to learn about their interest in Ellevation.
- Flexible: You can easily pivot in a fast-paced environment.
- Inclusive: You are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace.
- Adaptable self-starter: You’re excited to dive into new projects.
- Great listener and communicator: You are skilled at both verbal and written communication.
- Prior experience hiring technical roles is a plus.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.