People & Operations Coordinator at Salary Finance
About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a fintech company underpinned by a social purpose. Our mission is to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive, and much happier. We partner with leading employers to offer financial wellness benefits that help employees improve their lives by improving their finances.
In 2018, we expanded operations to the US with support from our UK headquarters. Today, our US team is located in Boston’s Seaport District under the leadership of SoFi co-founder Dan Macklin as CEO of Salary Finance Inc.
We’re growing fast in the US market with our recent $32.8 million Series C funding, backed by existing investors Blenheim Chalcot and Legal & General. We were named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes’ list of socially-responsible startups, recognized by Built in Boston and MassEcon for investing in innovative thinkers, and profiled by the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, and more.
Your role in our mission
We're looking for an energetic and people loving People & Talent Coordinator to support Salary Finance’s efforts to build a world class team. As a member of the People & Talent team, you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the People & Talent function. This is a great opportunity for someone who has some People Operations and Talent experience under their belt and is looking to develop their career at a fast-growing tech company. You must have a can do attitude, impressive multi-tasking abilities and superb people skills. Reporting to the People & Talent Manager, you will support the business by helping to manage the recruitment process and with day to day People Operations responsibilities.
Who you are
We embrace our differences, but there's one thing that we like to share, our values, so it’s important to us that you are:
- Fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- Responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- Dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- Empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- United, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- Humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Human Resources Management or related field and 1-2 years’ experience in the People Operations and Talent space.
- You have full understanding and knowledge of core People Operations and Talent best practices.
- You are passionate about social impact, interested in how technology can drive social change, and excited to be part of business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are a wearer of many hats with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality.
- You are empathetic and what makes people tick to ensure that we keep the employee at the heart of everything we do.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment both autonomously and in collaboration with a team and are capable of working closely with a variety of teams including executives.
- You are process-driven and will help to create new ways of working to ensure we are working in a scalable and sustainable way.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to deliver high quality work under pressure.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- You have the ability to work in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- You have strong planning, organizing, logistic and stakeholder management skills.
- You have the ability to balance the needs of our people with the needs of the business.
- You have experience working with applicant tracking systems (Greenhouse is a plus!)
- You have experience working with HR systems (Zenefits is a plus!)
- You have exposure to labor and employment law.
- You have familiarity with social media recruiting.
What you’ll do
- Schedule and coordinate candidate interviews, managing the end-to-end candidate experience and building relationships with hiring managers and interviewers.
- Support with new hire orientation and pre-onboarding experience for all new joiners.
- Enter and maintain employee data in our HR system including new hires, terminations, organization structure changes, and job/compensation changes.
- Work closely with the People & Talent Manager and Leadership Team to improve existing People processes and programs and create new ones that will benefit the business.
- Ensure Salary Finance is a welcoming and inclusive place to work by creating a fun, dynamic and productive environment built on our core values.
- Assist with ad-hoc People & Talent team projects and research.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and bonus packages
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment with lots of opportunity for career development
- 75% of health, vision and dental premiums paid by Salary Finance for employees and their dependents
- Additional benefits including 401(k) with company match, disability insurance, paid Parental Leave, 20 personal days and 5 sick days with an extra day off on your birthday and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that want to make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com.
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.