Payroll Product Compliance Manager at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast, Inc. is hiring a Payroll Product Compliance Manager to manage the day-to-day compliance needs of Toast's subsidiary StratEx, a leading provider of HR and payroll software solutions serving the restaurant industry.
What you will do:
- Continue to develop, hone, and maintain a robust compliance program ensuring that the full suite of StratEx payroll, HR, and benefits software products and services comply with all applicable state and federal laws and industry best practices.
- Provide practical day-to-day compliance and best practice advice to business units on a wide range of matters related to payroll software and services, employment and wage laws, and payments technology.
- Assist StratEx employees with responding to restaurant clients regarding product-related compliance questions, and work with Toast counsel to address escalated issues and complaints.
- Support all new and existing product releases and enhancements to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and simultaneously help Toast and StratEx maintain a competitive advantage.
- Assist with strategic initiatives from a compliance and risk perspective, including opportunities to integrate StratEx and Toast products and services.
- Review and operationalize advice and work product from in-house and outside counsel pertaining to a wide range of applicable areas including wage and employment laws, payments products, state licensing laws, and financial services.
- Monitor evolving laws that may impact payroll management for StratEx clients, including related payments industry laws, and assist with developing, testing, and implementing a related compliance plan.
- Analyze operational workflows and processes to identify any potential risks or opportunities to automate the compliance program, and create and implement solutions.
- Design and deliver enterprise-wide targeted training to enable employees to perform their applicable responsibilities, develop products, and provide customer support, all in compliance with relevant laws.
- Independently and proactively execute critical tasks necessary to maintaining compliant products and services.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Familiarity with laws applicable to payroll products, including state and federal wage/employment laws and regulations and laws relevant to payments industry and technology.
- At least 3 years experience supporting compliance in human resources, benefits or payroll, or related fields.
- Experience supporting or working with payroll or other financial technology.
- Advanced ability in analyzing risk and designing efficient controls to minimize risk.
- High ethical standards and a team-focused, positive attitude.
- Effectively collaborates with a wide range of people in a diverse and accepting environment. Embodies our "no ego" philosophy while working opposite a new hire, seasoned coworker, or junior colleagues.
- J.D. acceptable, but not required