This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated, experienced HR Manager to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts, we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
We are seeking an ambitious, resourceful and hands-on Manager to join our People & Culture (“P&C”) team. Working with the Director of P&C, you will ensure P&C initiatives drive Forward Financing's culture and core values and ensure that we are attracting and retaining top talent Company-wide. You will have an opportunity to make an impact on our most valuable asset, our people.
In this role you will:
- Manage specific P&C projects as well as participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Work with Dir P&C to proactively identify HR issues and creative solutions to support the business needs. This may include conducting exit interviews, and/or analyzing exit interview trends, analyzing employee engagement metrics / trends, and overall employee feedback
- Coach managers and employees as appropriate. Develop, propose, and implement plan to address issues
- Support Dir P&C in workplace flexibility initiative for 2020
- Work with P&C team on performance management. Short-term, understand and streamline the current process. Long-term, improve the process incorporating current trends and industry best practices, including a 360 component, upward feedback and peer to peer evaluations. Research and recommend lightweight technology to assist with managing the process.
- Manage reception, and overall office management. Develop and enforce standards to ensure a pleasant and positive experience for all customers, partners, guests, vendors, candidates, and employees. Oversee 1-2 Receptionists / Office Coordinators.
- Employee orientation & on-boarding process. Partner with Talent Acquisition team to ensure best in class new hire orientation and onboarding processes, including regular review of the process and materials. Conduct follow-up meetings with new hires.
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude.” Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. Willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation.” Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: High degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgment while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Prioritization: Tackle several projects simultaneously, aligning the order in which you complete with the most pressing need.
- Judgment: Strong business acumen and excellent logic and reasoning skills, ability to exercise great judgment while working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in the HR field working in a fast-changing environment to include 2 + years managing others
- Strong project management skills; ability to lead projects at a company and team level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results
- Exceptional communicator, able to effectively work with discretion and sensitivity across all levels of the business
- Comfortable with variety in a role and not afraid to "roll up your sleeves”
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, & productivity at FF
- Personable, warm, approachable, and instill a sense of support
- Solution-oriented with the ability to build relationships across the company with a team of diverse styles, skill sets, and experience levels
- HRIS exposure, experience working with performance management software, PPT, Excel
- Relevant certification such as SHRM, PHR or SPHR
- Active in local HR groups, member of NEHA or SHRM
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-sized businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.
Read Full Job Description