Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast’s People Team is continuously growing and changing! We are looking for an experienced Learning & Development Manager to design, deliver and measure targeted learning programs and experiences across Toast that enable our culture of personal and professional growth. This role is part of the People & Organizational Development (the POD) team. The POD sits within the People Success team, and designs organizational learning and people development including manager enablement, leadership development, DEI workshops, and coaching, as well as elearning platforms to drive personalized learning experiences. We also partner across the organization to support learning and enablement for talent and performance management, and track analytics to measure impact. These solutions enable and accelerate capability for Toast employees, managers and leaders to scale with the rapid pace of the business.
The ideal candidate is well versed in content design, facilitation, learning technology tools, project management, and is passionate about developing innovative, creative and engaging adult learning experiences in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who will think big, influence and communicate effectively across the org, and have bias for action. They will also ensure diversity and inclusion, and Toast culture and values are ingrained in all learning solutions. Our ideal candidate will be able to partner and collaborate effectively with our Enablement and HR teams as well as with business groups and external partners to create and deliver content. This role is critical to the growth and future of our team and company.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Partners with our People team, Enablement functions, and business leaders to diagnose and validate development needs across our organization, and identify targeted learning solutions that support business and people strategy
- Leads the design and facilitation of high-quality, effective learning in various delivery formats including on the job, computer/video based and instructor-led learning
- Champions a culture of learning, performance, inclusion and enablement across the Toast
- Develops and incorporates various levels of evaluation to measure the effectiveness and impact of learning solutions
- Facilitates virtual, blended, and live learning sessions and workshops
- Leads learning design projects through the design lifecycle from project scoping, research and analysis, design, development, implementation and success measurement.
- Determines the appropriate learning delivery method/s to achieve the desired business outcome
- Reviews existing training programs for ongoing relevance and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provides exemplary internal customer service with professionalism and ownership of learning projects.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ plus years of progressive Leadership/OD/OE experience
- Extensive experience creating and delivering development programs and courses in multiple modalities, including high-touch, face-to-face and live-online using a variety of technologies
- Deep knowledge adult learning theories and methodologies, change theories and industry best practices with the ability to apply them to instructional design and learning assessment
- Proven ability to influence, excel and lead by example in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Expert facilitator with strong communication skills in small, large and virtual settings
- Ability to build and maintain productive business relationships and sponsorship, and provide L&D expertise in a matrix environment
- Ability to organize and express ideas clearly, concisely and accurately, verbally and in writing
- Excellent planning, time management, communication, decision making, presentation, organization and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to expert level experience working with Zoom, Slack, G Suite, Gmail, PowerPoint and LMS systems
*Bread puns encouraged but not required