SmartBear is committed to having an amazing talent acquisition function to support our mission to be a leading company for employees to grow and develop their careers. Because of our incredible growth, we are seeking an established Director of Talent Acquisition to lead our global recruiting efforts and team. You will be responsible for driving an elite candidate experience and hiring high quality talent. You will be responsible for evolving our agile and proactive recruiting function, leveraging technology and analytics to scale our systems and support our most important asset – people!
SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds and we have more than 10,000 customers (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE and SalesForce to name a few) in over 150 countries.
- Drive the strategy and execution of our global recruiting practice including processes, systems, training, measurement, and optimization.
- Build a strategic hiring plan with vision, strategy, and goals.
- Create innovative programs, events, and campaigns to generate awareness, build candidate pipeline, and drive campus recruiting efforts that align with recruitment goals.
- Build a data-driven recruiting organization, developing recruiting metrics and analytics that provide insights, drive decision making, and measure team productivity and program ROI.
- Develop effective working relationships and partner with business leaders at all levels of the organization to understand needs and provide consultation on talent acquisition strategies and challenges.
- Own strategic and critical hiring requisitions and, as needed, fill in to insure overall hiring needs are met.
- Lead, inspire, and coach a smart, ambitious recruiting team while driving a high level of performance against our aggressive hiring plans.
- Develop employment branding to educate active and passive candidates about the Company’s amazing culture.
- Lead and advance company-wide training and mentoring programs to improve manager screening and interview practices to ensure top quality hires.
- Work closely with Human Resources to develop a diversity and inclusion program to hire, and support talent.
- 7+ years of talent leadership experience, managing a global team of recruiters, in a high-growth, global organization hiring 150+ employees per year.
- Experience recruiting in the technology industry and for technical positions preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills, including presenting to senior leaders.
- A natural curiosity to learn, understand and problem solve.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or work experience that demonstrates the above skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States – minimum of H1B.
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work", Named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places To Work”, and VentureFizz calls us one of “One of The Hottest Companies in Boston”.
· Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
· Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
· Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development”.
· Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
· Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
· Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
· Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
· Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
· Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.