Director, People Success Partner- People Team at Toast (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
Reporting to the VP of People Success, you will be a senior HR Business Partner (we call them People Success Partners) to the People team at Toast. Partnering directly with our Chief People Officer, the People Leadership Team, and employees throughout the People team, the ideal candidate will bring strong functional human resources expertise, business acumen, consultative skills, and customer service orientation to advance employee engagement and performance, management capability, and efficient people process. The ideal candidate will also come with high EQ and empathy skills, understanding the unique challenges and needs of an HR organization, to effectively build and sustain strong partnerships with trust and credibility, particularly at leadership levels. Said in a sentence, the candidate should be prepared to unlock the full potential of each People team Toaster inclusively and creatively, fostering peak moments and inspiring people to be their best selves.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Partner directly with the Chief People Officer and her leadership team to implement strategies and programs that help the People team achieve its strategic goals while improving the overall employee experience across the org.
- Lead the development and execution of talent management processes for the People team, such as semi-annual performance and talent reviews, succession planning, and engagement exercises in partnership with People team leadership and the broader People Success team.
- Work to build people-related solutions by leveraging people trends, insights, and data to drive the implementation of projects and programs.
- Provide strategic partnership and mentorship to employees and people managers at all levels to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent.
- Collaborate with all areas of the People organization to deliver an aligned, effective people-centric approach to your partner organizations.
- Ensure policies, practices, and programs are administered in an equitable and consistent manner.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proven ability to coach and partner with executive leadership
- Demonstrated success performing in a high-growth organization with multiple stakeholders, each with varying needs
- Demonstrated ability to show excellent judgment, creative problem-solving, and training/coaching
- Strong teamwork, communication & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Solid understanding of HR practices, policies, and employment law
- Strong experience in performance management and people strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR-related field and/or HR certification preferred
- Experience working in the Technology/SaaS industry is a plus
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.