Director, People Operations
Director of Human Resources, CoreX
CoreX is the part of TripAdvisor responsible for the overall consumer experience, and the look and feel of the TripAdvisor brand globally. We are looking for a change agent, a high energy, passionate Director level (or almost there), an experienced HR practitioner with a strong track record. We want someone who is agile, and can flex from providing OD advice to senior leaders, to building a better onboarding experience, to finding new ways to build diversity in our engineering team. Someone who likes every day being different from the next, and who can identify business needs and challenges, and will engage others to solve them. In return we’ll give you an amazing employee experience, with great benefits and perks, working with interesting, driven, smart people who drive hard for results. (And we want you to directly manage one HRBP, so you need to be good at that too)
What You Will Do:
- Work with the CoreX management team to maintain and develop TripAdvisor’s strong culture, driving a high level of engagement throughout the organization and ensure TripAdvisor‘s core values are implemented throughout the organization.
- Consistently deliver strategic value to drive decision making around people matters, and provide proactive, business focused solutions that are data driven.
- Build relationships and leverage HR partners in Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Learning and Organizational Development, and other groups within the HR and across the broader TripAdvisor organization
- Work with senior management team to lead long-term organization and workforce planning, helping the team scale the organizational structure to support a growing global business.
- Work in collaboration with TripAdvisor’s Global HR team to deploy company-wide initiatives.
- Partner, consult, and provide proactive solutions to senior executives on all talent and HR issues including retention, performance and communications.
- Drive an ongoing talent management process with continuity and clear accountabilities and action items resulting in strong succession plans for the organization and development plans for individuals.
- Partner with talent acquisition to drive the overall talent strategy to both support current hiring objectives, and anticipate the hiring needs of this dynamic business.
- Coach and mentor individuals throughout the global organization, with a focus on leadership development and coaching. Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to individuals and teams.
- Work closely with TripAdvisor’s Learning and Organizational Development team, recommend, organize and implement various employee training programs
- Consistently manage employee relations matters in a legally compliant manner demonstrating exceptional judgment and professionalism.
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures are consistently followed throughout the organization and are legally compliant.
- Leverage technical expertise on a variety of topics including, but not limited to, compensation practices including salary and stock ranges, performance review processes, performance rating process and promotions.
- Design and deliver targeted solutions to emerging business issues, including strategic planning, visioning, change management and team building.
What We Seek:
- 12+ years of global HR experience in a media or high-tech organization, 4+ years of experience as a Director of HR or equivalent
- Experience managing and developing a team of HRBPs
- Demonstrated project management/change management skills
- Strong employee relations skills
- Comfortable operating in a matrix and constantly changing environment
- Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and deal with ambiguity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to have fun in a team setting
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in HR or equivalent
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following behaviors:
- A role model in regards to mutual respect, trust and candor.
- Energetic, passionate and engaging individual with great motivation and inspiration.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and respect with confidence, maturity and professionalism.
- Intellectually curious with a deep interest to understand the business.
- Lifelong learner who grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback; pursues self-development
- Strong analytical skills. Understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role.
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Influencer through clear communication with expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Flexible and open-minded; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly.
- Resilient. Quickly recovers from setbacks and failures and moves forward.
- Exceptional judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision.
- Excellent prioritization, organization and execution skills.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Accountable, reliable and dependable. Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively.
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***