Director of Human Resources
At PathAI, we're applying Machine Learning, AI & Computer Vision in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of groundwork to lay. We want your expertise in all things HR to help grow the best way possible!
Who you are:
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and knowledgeable HR Leader who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. This person is adaptable to ever-changing, high-growth environments and is excited about all types of problem solving while remaining cool calm and collected. You have a proactive mindset to get things done, are highly-organized, and build great relationships both internally and externally. You have helped build a large organization and have implemented processes and procedures to improve the daily lives of employees. We are hyper focused on building the best possible environment for our employees and are looking for a creative leader to help make a truly differentiated employee experience.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Lead all HR initiatives with the goal of fostering an innovative, empathetic work environment. Review and make recommendations to executive management to improve the organization's policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters. Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation, guiding organizational change and compliance with best practices with a dynamic, progressive approach.
- Build and implement people strategies and solutions. Lead and choose the implementation of HRIS systems, aid in establishing performance management and review cycles, benefits, and compensation structure. Your focus will be on scalability and efficiency.
- Manage the full employee experience across the entire lifecycle. This includes assisting in recruiting and hiring, as well as owning onboarding, employee handbook compliance, offboarding, and exit interviews.
- Strategize, negotiate, and administer benefits programs. Work with benefits broker, providers, and leadership team to establish best fits for employee coverage and organization. Provide coaching/assistance to new and existing employees in navigating the enrollment process.
- Ensure compliance across functions. Collaborate with internal and external counsel as well as executive leadership to ensure the organization conforms with current labor and employment laws. Maintain subject matter expertise regarding these rules and regulations at the federal, state, local and industry level, advising executive leadership and line management as necessary.
- Design and execute learning and development programs. Evaluate the organization’s needs in terms of foundational and advanced skill acquisition and assess both internal and external solutions to meet those criteria. Collaborate with executive leadership and line management to implement program objectives across functions.
- Champion PathAI’s culture. Facilitate how our values are represented across the company - how they influence behavior, how teams work together, how managers can reinforce and model them, etc.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong leadership and management experience. You consider yourself a strong people manager and can talk about the science and strategy behind your approach to coaching, teaching, and mentoring your teammates.
- Broad people ops and human resources experience. You have been involved with all aspects of People Operations, including recruiting programs, total rewards, culture & retention, learning & development, benefits management, etc.
- Bachelor's degree. An advanced degree and/or HR certifications a plus.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.