Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The entire BookBub team is currently working remotely, and this position will be onboarded and work remotely during this time as well. Our team values the health and safety of our people above all else, and though we hope to return to the office as soon as it's safe to do so, we are continuing to work distributedly for the foreseeable future.
About the position
Diversity, inclusion, and belonging are our foundation at BookBub — we believe they are the core of a healthy culture and high-performing organization. From our beginnings, we’ve been committed to fostering a culture where people across all identities, backgrounds, and experiences can feel empowered to do their best work, are comfortable being their authentic selves, and feel fully welcomed as part of the team. Employees and leaders across all parts of the organization regularly dedicate their time, energy, and perspectives to structured task forces that advance D&I throughout our company.
As our organization continues to grow, we aspire for D&I to remain the guiding element of our employee experience and internal culture — and become an even larger part of our products and business. Given the sheer number of opportunities and exciting work we envision for these areas, we’re looking to bring someone onto the team who can own and lead this progress.
As a member of the People team and reporting to the Head of People Operations, this position will be the key architect designing and implementing D&I initiatives at BookBub. You’ll collaborate with leaders and teams across the company to define and set the diversity and inclusion strategy across all aspects of the business — within our team and culture internally, with our products and business, and how we show up in the world externally. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who can apply their expertise and experiences through thought leadership, program design, collaborative decision-making, and hands-on execution to drive D&I across all aspects of our business.
- Leading the evolution and execution of D&I strategies for all aspects of the candidate, new hire, and employee experiences, as well as overall company culture, in collaboration with the PeopleOps and leadership teams
- Exploring and defining the intersection between D&I and our products, brand, business strategy, and operations; driving progress and influencing decisions through thought leadership, coaching, and hands-on execution
- Developing a cohesive D&I vision, strategy, and goals for the organization, as well as a process and metrics for measuring and communicating progress
- Designing and curating impactful content and training to level up the organization’s awareness and competencies related to D&I
- Serving as a trusted thought partner for the People team and leaders: a resource, advocate, and coach on all aspects of D&I, including current industry trends and best practices
- Serving as a trusted advocate and champion for employees; listening and building relationships across all departments and demographic groups
- Owning and developing relationships with external D&I communities, organizations, sourcing partners, talent networks, thought leaders, and industry peers, including serving as the external voice for BookBub’s D&I
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Experience and passion for leading D&I strategy design and implementation
- Relationship-building, listening, coaching, influencing abilities, and strong interpersonal instincts
- Prioritization and project management skills; the ability to lead multiple, sophisticated company-wide projects simultaneously
- Analytical skills; the ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into insights, actionable recommendations, and plans
- Judgment, discretion, and discernment
- Pragmatic problem-solving and decision making abilities
- Business acumen
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, you’re trusting us with your time — so we’ll do our best to run a process for you that’s as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.