Head of Strategy and Analytics
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service helps thousands of leading publishers and authors drive sales and find new fans. Connecting readers with great deals on ebooks is just the beginning for BookBub. We're growing our team to launch new consumer-facing book discovery features, marketing tools for authors and publishers, and other web and mobile products that address the digital transition of the publishing industry. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position
BookBub is looking for an experienced leader to run the team that answers our most significant strategic and operational questions. The person who fills this newly created role will report directly to the head of the company, become a member of the organization’s executive team, take over managing a nascent group of three analysts, and further grow the department to fill the needs of the company.
Here’s a sample of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in this position:
- Take a nascent team and grown it in size and skillset to meet all the strategic and analytical needs of internal business and product groups
- Lead the team to answer the company’s most pressing strategic and analytical questions, the result of which has driven significant value for the organization
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and the industry, and proactively identified strategic or operational insights to drive additional value for the company; worked with product and business leaders to implement such changes.
- Direct the building of improved systems and dashboards with the tech team to help the organization measure its success, see trends, and make better data-driven decisions
- Help drive several organization-wide programs and assist in setting overall company culture as a member of the leadership team
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Years of experience in strategy and/or general business and product analysis work, ideally with significant experience in digital media and/or at tech startups
- Years of experience building and running a team where they spent significant time hiring, training, and performing other management duties
- Strong leadership skills in general; an ability to inspire and empower within a team and affect change across an entire organization
- Excellent analytical instincts, deep intellectual curiosity, a passion for data and problem solving, a strong belief in making data-driven decisions
- Impressive verbal communication and presentation skills; an ability to take complicated information and convincingly focus an audience on the most important takeaways
- A great ability to supervise analysis, research, and modelling work and guide/check from a top-level, while not afraid to get into the details of a problem when necessary
- Significant experience with analytic tools potentially including spreadsheets, SQL, database visualization tools (e.g. Looker,Tableau); knowledge of Python or R is a plus
- An MBA or equivalent educational/professional experience
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and take-what-you-need paid time off. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.