Vice President of Finance
Greater Boston Area
About the Position
Are you a Controller looking for the next step in your career? LogicManager is looking for a Vice President of Finance who is coming from a strong, Corporate Controller background.
The Vice President of Finance will be responsible for all aspects of the accounting, financial planning & analysis (FP&A), and other financial reporting and compliance operations. This person will be a key member of the LogicManager leadership team and will interface regularly with company senior leadership to help sustain our profitability and high growth. Additionally, the Vice President of Finance will be a key contributor in preparing LogicManager for a public offering. The ideal candidate will have a deep technical accounting acumen haven risen through progressive promotions from staff accountant to corporate controller with exposure to financial planning and analysis (FP&A).
LogicManager is a rapidly growing Boston-based technology company. We’re pre-IPO, profitable, and growing 70% annually. Recognized by Gartner and Forrester Industry Analysts as leaders and Great Places to Work certified for our company culture. We build enterprise risk management software that empowers thousands of organizations around the world to uphold their reputations while protecting their customers, investors, and communities. We believe even the toughest problems can be solved with innovative solutions. Join LogicManager and together we can build a better tomorrow.
- Manage the monthly/quarterly close as well as timely and accurate preparation of financial statements for distribution to executive management
- Establish and maintain documentation of internal controls, policies, and procedures aligned with GAAP standards and compliance including revenue recognition in compliance with ASC 606
- Responsible for all aspects of maintaining employee stock option program
- Manage the audit process: coordinate with external auditors, provide audit supporting documentation for quarterly reviews and annual audits in accordance with PCAOB standards
- Support audit requirements for software capitalization according to accounting guidance ASC 530-40 Internal-Use Software
- Responsible for preparation of technical accounting memos and performing research related to complex accounting matters
- Select and implement an ERP system, a budgeting and planning tool, and equity management software
- Manage the company’s tax, consulting, banking and audit partners
- Direct and coordinate financial planning and budget management functions including analysis of monthly P&L variances in a FP&A model
- Provide timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets; provide corrective action recommendations to management, where necessary.
- Perform product pricing and modeling and other financial analysis as required
- Supervise accounts receivable, billing processes, accounts payable, and payroll processing. Review A/R aging and reserves, treasury functions, and ACH processing.
- Lead and manage a team of accounting, financial and compliance professionals, including hiring, goal setting, coaching, and training.
Desired Skills & Experiences
- BS degree in Accounting required
- Strong Controller and Accounting background
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Work experience within a software company required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience implementing/maintaining accounting/ERP systems
- Experience establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Experience with revenue accounting and software capitalization
- Exhibits a high degree of integrity and ethics
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage complexity
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively with the capacity to provide pragmatic solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Only applications from direct applicants will be considered. Applications from agencies and recruiters will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law.
Read Full Job Description