Vice President, External Reporting
What you’ll do as a VP of External Reporting:
- You will act as the key partner for all recapitalization initiatives, including SEC registration.
- Lead the production and review of all external financial reporting and related regulatory filings, including financial statements, related schedules, and notes to financial statements.
- Manage reporting work flows, ensure accuracy of financial statements and maintaining appropriate internal controls over financial reporting.
- Coordinate with auditors to ensure the complete and timely filing of all required regulatory filings.
- Build and coordinate multi-disciplinary approval process for the release of external financial statements.
- Coordinate the sub-certification process used to support the CFO/CEO certifications.
- Partner with Legal and Operations for accurate & timely regulatory responses.
- Ensure policies, procedures and reporting checklists, are accurate and current.
- Support Accounting & Finance team in communication of and training on new SEC guidance, including creation of new policies for newly adopted standards.
- Maintain & safeguard all records to support EDGAR filings and XBRL requirements.
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience, with 8 years with primary responsibility for 10-K/Q production.
- Active CPA license.
- Experience achieving an “effective” SEC registration.
- 5years of experience in a start-up environment or technology company.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience building relationships and working directly with senior executives.
- Significant experience with developing, documenting, and maintaining processes in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- You are able to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10%).