Strategic Finance Manager, Hardware at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. We are seeking a Manager of Strategic Finance to partner with cross-functional leaders to drive initiatives including business planning, corporate strategy, and strategic projects. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value in a hyper-growth environment at scale.
About this roll*
- Lead Strategic Finance for the Toast Hardware business by providing financial and strategic thought leadership supported by rigorous analysis, with a focus on business planning, corporate strategy, and capital allocation
- Create detailed forecasts, actual vs budget, and reporting for Toast’s revenue, costs and inventory planning, partner with accounting team to ensure forecasting aligned with inventory accounting rules
- Facilitate executive and board decision making by translating sophisticated financial analysis into actionable operational recommendations
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Build and manage a high-performing team
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in a combination of investment banking, investing (PE, VC, hedge fund), management consulting, or experience at a high-growth tech company in Strategic Finance, FP&A, Business Intelligence or similar role
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets, strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Experience as a people manager including active development and recruitment of high-quality talent
- History of building positive relationships with people and teams across a broad, diverse organization
- Experience working in supply chain finance is preferable
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.