Staff Accountant at Notarize
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:31 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, March 16, 2021
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age. Digital transformation at Notarize may require new products, new legislation, new partnerships, or new teams and new ways of working. We’ve never shied from doing whatever it takes to help people with life’s most important transactions, online, and we’re building the team to operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy.
Our business has grown exponentially the past few months, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed remotely. We're having all kinds of challenging (but interesting!) issues related to the scalability of our financial reporting processes, KPI tracking, and AP/AR functions, and that's where you come in.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, you will help manage the general ledger and AP/AR functions at Notarize. You'll assist with monthly and annual closing, help our team with the financial statement audit with our external CPA firm, assist with implementing systems and policies, and partner with business stakeholders on ad-hoc projects.
This role has an opportunity to grow into a Senior Accountant position.
What you'll do as our staff accountant:
- Manage the day to day workflows of the accounts payable function
- Assist Accounts Receivables Specialist with cash receipts reconciliation
- Process invoices for customers and ensure their account billing settings are correct
- Assist with the month-end close process, looking for ways to improve transparency and controls
- Own month-end reconciliations of cash positions and prepaid expenses
- Facilitate implementation of new accounting software
- Support the team in working with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers as requested
- Continuously look for opportunities to generate efficiencies and increase the effectiveness of financial operations
- Respond to both internal and customer inquiries regarding contract renewals, pricing, and billing.
What we're looking for:
- 1+ years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in a high tech/SaaS environment
- Exposure to a broad range of GAAP domains, including FP&A, forecasting, financial closing, reporting, and modeling
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and work independently and collaboratively
- Both public and private industry experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, including proficiency with pivot tables, vlookups and various other functions
- Proficiency in GSuite, Office, and accounting and ERP tools (Quickbooks, Netsuite, Bill.com, Stripe, Expensify, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience handling tight deadlines across multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage conflict and build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to balance multiple high priorities and lead several time-sensitive projects at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Strong analytical skills and a creative, collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Familiarity with SQL a plus but not at all required
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.