Staff Accountant at Acquia
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world.
Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position will be responsible for various accounting duties including but not limited to: Cash receipts, bank reconciliations, credit card management, fixed assets and prepaid activity, journal entries and general ledger reconciliations. The ideal candidate will be disciplined and process-oriented with a high level of enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity. The role demands a highly organized and detailed individual that is capable of multi-tasking and meeting deadlines consistently.
In this role you will:
- Post lockbox, ACH, wire and check payments for multiple bank accounts to GL
- Deposit live checks
- Prepare journal entries for non-customer payments and expense items
- Maintain daily cash report
- Work with Collections Manager to research and resolve unapplied/unidentified cash receipts
- Revalue non-USD denominated bank accounts
- Reconcile bank statements to GL
- Compile credit card receipts from cardholders
- Record credit card activity to GL via Excel upload
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets and write off as necessary
- Maintain prepaid schedules to ensure expense is recorded in accordance with invoice/contract terms
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations to ensure journal entries have been recorded in accordance with GAAP and ending balances are correct
- Cross train on AP data entry
- Support annual financial audit
- Support ad hoc projects and analyses as required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting required
- 1-2 years’ experience
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
- Exceptional work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Intacct accounting software (or other SAAS-based ERP solutions) experience a significant plus
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.