Greater Boston Area
LogicManager is a rapidly growing Boston-based technology company and you will be part of a dynamic and fun company culture where you can immediately make meaningful contributions. We’re pre-IPO, profitable, and place a heavy emphasis on promoting from within. Recognized by Gartner and Forrester Industry Analysts as leaders and Great Places to Work certified for our company culture. We build enterprise risk management software that empowers thousands of organizations around the world to uphold their reputations while protecting their customers, investors, and communities. Join LogicManager and together we can build a better tomorrow.
About the Position
Under the direct supervision of the VP of Finance, this staff accountant role is responsible for the full cycle monthly production and maintenance of financial statements, income statements, balance sheets, cash flow projections, aged receivables, aged payables, and fixed asset schedules. In this role, you will support month-close functions and know your accounting principles as a contributor in preparing LogicManager for a public offering. This is an opportunity to join a growing team with the ability to face new challenges every day to grow your career. To be successful in this position, you should be detail-oriented and self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Review fully executed customer contracts to conclude on the appropriate accounting treatment; identify any issues, ensuring that all revenue is recorded in compliance with GAAP
- Proactively manage billing and accounts receivable to ensure on-time payments by customers
- Ensure all invoices are verified with contract terms and ACH's have been properly input and paid in accordance with company policy
- Perform reconciliations of accounts, including bank statements, accruals, and prepaid expenses
- Prepare journal entries by compiling, analyzing, and sustaining financial transactions as needed
- Participate in the annual audit, including year-end schedules and financial statement preparation
- Process bi-weekly payroll through Paychex
- Prepare and submit Sales tax as well as annual tax and compliance activities
- Assist with the documentation and monitoring of internal controls and company policies Identify accounting process efficiency issues and implement operational improvements
- Collaborate on initiatives with all team leads across the business
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
Desired Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Strong communication skills – collaborate with group managers across the organization
- 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the SaaS industry (not required)
- Flexibility to wear many hats and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Only applications from direct applicants will be considered. Applications from agencies and recruiters will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law.
Read Full Job Description