Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Staff Accountant will report to the Senior Accountant and support a product line through monthly activities while helping to streamline vital accounting practices. We are looking for candidates with an accounting or finance degree and experience at a high–growth technology company. This is a critical role with high visibility throughout the organization.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manually prepare, post, and deliver customer invoices
- Manually charge customers some ancillary monthly fees for customer base
- Post customer payments, refunds and deposits by recording ACH transactions
- Perform various month-end tasks including preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, month end accruals. Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure data integrity.
- Support, adhere to, and help maintain strong internal control policies and procedures.
- Identify and drive opportunities for process improvements.
- Provide accounting support to the organization for special projects, reporting, and analysis as
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 1-2+ years of relevant accounting experience, Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- General knowledge of billing and collections
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with proven analytical and organizational skills
- Experience working in Quickbooks and Salesforce
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.